"Wee" Are E.R.
Mill Creek Elementary School
9039 Old M-72
~ Elk Rapids Schools ~
Our Preschool provides your young learner with a well-rounded educational experience to prepare them for future academic settings and life. Mill Creek offers two classrooms: a 3 year old classroom AND a 4 to 5 year old classroom. A child must be 3 years of age and toilet trained to enroll in the program and is available to children through age 5.
The Preschool program utilizes research based CoreKnowledge Language Arts® (CKLA®) program to guide the children through a fun-filled, productive school year. This is a comprehensive, scientifically based early childhood curriculum that has been shown to improve cognitive and social/emotional outcomes in young children. This curriculum balances both teacher-directed and child-initiated learning, with an emphasis on responding to children's learning styles and building on their strengths and interests. Second Step-Social-Emotional Skills for Early Learning, is also used to teach social emotional skills to jumpstart your preschooler's school readiness.
We use "Teaching Strategies Gold" as our assessment tool and have earned 3 Stars in the "Great Starts to Quality" program.
Teachers develop all programming around the Department of Education's Michigan Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Pre-Kindergarten.
Our Preschool staff works in close collaboration with the elementary Kindergarten staff to ensure your preschooler has a smooth transition into Kindergarten.
Tuition, Hours & Calendar
Preschool begins on the official first day of school for the district and follows the yearly school district calendar. Preschool is offered Monday through Friday for the AM half day or as a full day.
Full Day: 8:30am-4:00pm........$ 33.00 per day
Half Day: 8:30am-12:00pm......$ 23.00 per half day
A non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required along with the enrollment form to reserve your spot. The deposit is applied as a credit to your initial tuition statement.
Tuition Payments are to be made WEEKLY or a MINIMUM of TWO times each month (every other week).
Additional Child tuition and deposit discounts are available, please inquire with Program Director.
"Wee" Are E.R. Preschool - Mill Creek Location
A sample of our daily activities:
- Acquaintance time and free choice play
- Core Knowledge Language Arts® (CKLA®)
- Introduction to Spanish
- Circle time (including weather, letters and colors)
- Outdoor play on large school playground
- Indoor gym classes
- Small group activities
- Nutritious snack and drink (milk or juice) provided for half and full day (child needs to bring their own lunch or purchase a school lunch)
- Craft time
- Manipulatives and games
- Variety of creative art using different mediums
- Experiences to encourage self-help skills
- Individual and group reading
- Activities that build creative thinking skills
- Dramatic play
- iPad instructional use, an example of this is classroom puppet shows/plays are recorded and children can watch themselves acting! iPads are used in all Elk Rapids Schools grades beginning with Kindergarten!
- Daily quiet-rest time which is approximately
30-60 minutes for full day students (washable mats provided, please bring bedding)
- School breakfast & lunches are available for an extra fee
~ ELK RAPIDS SCHOOLS ~
Double click here to edit this text.
A sample of our daily activities:
Enrollments for the
2020-2021 school year ON HOLD.
Please see HOME page or COVID-19 Page for information.
Program Director/Lead Teacher for 4 & 5 year old classroom
Lead Teacher for 3 year old classroom
Both classrooms can be reached at 231-267-9955