"Wee" Are E.R.
Lakeland Elementary School
616 Buckley St.
Elk Rapids, MI
~ Elk Rapids Schools ~
Our Preschool provides your young learner with a well-rounded educational experience to prepare them for future academic settings and life. A child must be 3 years of age and toilet trained to enroll in the program and is available to children through age 5.
The Preschool program utilizes research based The Creative Curriculum®for Preschool program to guide the children through a fun-filled, productive school year. This is a comprehensive, scientifically based early childhood curriculum that has been shown to improve cognitive and social/emotional outcomes in young children.
The Creative Curriculum® balances both teacher-directed and child-initiated learning, with an emphasis on responding to children's learning styles and building on their strengths and interests.
We use "Teaching Strategies Gold" as our assessment tool and have earned 3 Stars in the "Great Start to Quality" program. www.greatstarttoquality.org
Teachers develop all programming around the Department of Education's Michigan Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Pre-Kindergarten.
Our Preschool staff works in close collaboration with the elementary Kindergarten staff to ensure your preschooler has a smooth transition into Kindergarten. We work on Core Knowledge Language Arts® (CKLA®), math and social/emotional skills to jumpstart your preschooler's school readiness skills.
Tuition, Hours & Calendar
Preschool begins on the official first day of school for the district and follows the yearly school district calendar. Preschool is offered Monday through Friday for the AM half day or as a full day.
Full Day: 8:30am-4:00pm.......$ 33.00 per day
Half Day: 8:30am-12:00pm.....$ 23.00 per half day
A non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required along with the enrollment form to reserve your spot. The deposit is applied as a credit to your initial tuition statement.
Tuition Payments are to be made WEEKLY or a MINIMUM of TWO times each month (every other week).
Additional Child tuition and deposit discounts are available, please inquire with Program Director.
"Wee" Are E.R. Preschool - Lakeland Location
- Acquaintance time and free choice play
- Jump Start®
- Introduction to Spanish
- Core Knowledge Language Arts® (CKLA®)
- Circle time (including weather, letters and colors)
- Outdoor play on large school playground
- Indoor gym classes
- Small group activities
- Nutritious snack and drink (milk or juice) provided for half and full day (child needs to bring their own lunch or purchase a school lunch)
- Craft time
- Manipulatives and games
- Variety of creative art using different mediums
- Experiences to encourage self-help skills
- Individual and group reading
- Activities that build creative thinking skills
- Dramatic play
- iPad instructional use, an example of this is classroom puppet shows/plays are recorded and children can watch themselves acting! iPads are used in all Elk Rapids Schools grades beginning with Kindergarten!
- Daily quiet-rest time which is approximately 30-60 minutes for full day students (washable mats provided, please bring bedding)
- School breakfast & lunches are available for an extra fee
~ ELK RAPIDS SCHOOLS ~
Double click here to edit this text.
A sample of our daily activities:
For Program/Classroom Information Contact:
Program Director for Lakeland
For Enrollment Forms, please email request to:
Preschool Program at Lakeland is currently on a WAITLIST status
for most days of the week. Requesting an enrollment form does not guarantee a spot in the program.